Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy hybrid shafts
What's out there these days for hybrid shafts in the 100g+ range? I know of the new Ventus HB and I think the GOST in X or TX flex is more than 100g. Are there any other options that aren't rebar like in feel? Current iron shafts are X100 and then I use a Accra FX 2.0 380 M5 in my 5w which I like a lot. Looking to replace my 4i with a 4h because I just find the hybrid a little more friendly and easier to hit out of rough.
Diamana Thump. Awesome hybrid shaft for the player who likes a heavier feel without it feeling like an absolute broomstick.
(11-07-2020, 12:02 AM)TollBros Wrote: Diamana Thump. Awesome hybrid shaft for the player who likes a heavier feel without it feeling like an absolute broomstick.

Sweet thx. How would shaft feel compared to GOST in the 100x?
(11-07-2020, 01:40 AM)z1ggy16 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 12:02 AM)TollBros Wrote: Diamana Thump. Awesome hybrid shaft for the player who likes a heavier feel without it feeling like an absolute broomstick.

I'd say the GOST feels more like a steel shaft where the Thump definitely feels more like what you'd expect from a graphite shaft. I play one myself and absolutely love it.
(11-07-2020, 07:23 AM)TollBros Wrote:

I'd say the GOST feels more like a steel shaft where the Thump definitely feels more like what you'd expect from a graphite shaft. I play one myself and absolutely love it.

I demoed the thump in the new sim udi and it felt solid without feeling rebar like. Did you tip the one I you bag in your rescue 1 inch or a little more?
(11-08-2020, 12:00 PM)Gtyler14 Wrote:

I demoed the thump in the new sim udi and it felt solid without feeling rebar like. Did you tip the one I you bag in your rescue 1 inch or a little more?

Mine is tipped 1 inch. Obviously you know the one in the SIM is not exactly the same as the aftermarket model. However if that one works for you, go with it. The aftermarket model is just a bit more stable and lower spin.
(11-08-2020, 07:21 PM)TollBros Wrote:

Mine is tipped 1 inch. Obviously you know the one in the SIM is not exactly the same as the aftermarket model. However if that one works for you, go with it. The aftermarket model is just a bit more stable and lower spin.

Yeah I know it isn’t but it was surprisingly better than I thought it would be as a stock option.
(11-08-2020, 08:53 PM)Gtyler14 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 07:21 PM)TollBros Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 01:40 AM)z1ggy16 Wrote: Sweet thx. How would shaft feel compared to GOST in the 100x?

Yeah I know it isn’t but it was surprisingly better than I thought it would be as a stock option.

Totally agree. For most players it's going to be a BETTER option than the aftermarket shaft in a driving iron. In a hybrid, I think it's a little spinny and loose in the made for form. In a DI though, it actually allows for a bit more elevation and easy of use. It all depends on what you need. 110+, probably wants to go aftermarket. Sub 110, the stocker may be a nice option.
i have a Tensei pro white hybrid 100TX - it's easily the best hybrid shaft i've ever used. i can't speak for the Thump, but i assume they are pretty close to each other, with the PW having a stiffer/more stable tip.
(11-09-2020, 01:30 PM)gioguy21 Wrote: i have a Tensei pro white hybrid 100TX - it's easily the best hybrid shaft i've ever used. i can't speak for the Thump, but i assume they are pretty close to each other, with the PW having a stiffer/more stable tip.

Pro White is actually a little stiffer feeling and maybe ever so slightly lower spin. I have Pro White in my UDI 3 iron that I swap out with the hybrid. It's unbelievably good in the wind and for control off the tee.